Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Landing

The landing in the gloaming. To the left is the large topiary of rosemary that seems happy to overwinter here.  To the right are a set of antique Delft tiles of people either floating boats or working or sitting around thinking.  The vase is something I picked up in a museum in Wuhan and then later saw thousands of in Hongqiao Market in Beijing.  I love the colors in the vase no matter where it came from or how special or common it is.  It has a beautiful peony on it that is just the same color as those I have grown at other houses in which I have lived.  I love this landing and the way it makes you pause as you transition upstairs.  The view from the window and the diminutive size of the  stairwell all work in a way that is part of the charm of this little space.

No comments:

Post a Comment